How to prevent gum disease?
Gum disease is a very common problem and can be the reason for several other oral problems. People often think that dental care revolves around taking care of just their teeth. Do not fall in this group. You need to realize that gum care is equally important and be one of the many keys to get an attractive smile.
Did going through the first paragraph make your shoulders shudder? Well, if it did then there is nothing to worry about. Just remember that every kind of dental problem can be prevented by just adopting a few preventive measures. So, without any further doubts, let us talk about the effective tips to prevent gum disease.
Tips to Avoid Gum Disease
The best dentists in Spanaway have come up with handcrafted tips to prevent gum disease. We know that today’s time is synonymous with hectic schedules and busy lifestyles. But, you need to reckon that there will be no scope to give your best without having a healthy body. So, take a few minutes out of your lifestyle and invest in dental care. Incorporate the tips and prevent gum disease with ease.
- Brush your teeth - Never go to bed without brushing your teeth. Brushing helps to get rid of the food particles stuck in between your teeth and gum line. Ignoring this step can definitely lead to plaque buildup and ultimately form tartar. Plaque can be defined as a film-like substance that consists of harmful bacteria that can cause gum disease. Be very careful to pick a toothbrush that has softer bristles and make sure to brush your gums as well. It is recommended to maintain a time gap of 30 minutes to 1 hour between eating a meal and brushing.
- Floss your teeth - Flossing can be very effective in preventing gum disease or periodontal problems. Floss can be defined as a thread that can clean the areas in between your teeth and gums that cannot be reached by your toothbrush. Dentists advise flossing before brushing.
- Do not smoke - You might know that smoking can be really injurious to your oral health. Studies say that people who smoke are more likely to suffer from periodontal disease. The reason behind this is pretty simple. Smoking tobacco reduces the capability of your immune system and hence lessens the chances of your body fighting against gum infection-causing bacteria.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash - Rinsing your mouthwash can also be of help in preventing gum disease. There are several kinds of mouthwashes available in the market. Select the one that meets your requirements. You can choose an antibacterial mouthwash to fight against the bacteria.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
Gum disease can also be treated with ease if you address the problem at a nascent stage. It is due to this reason that you should be very careful to notice the first signs of gum disease. We have provided the symptoms in the pointers below:
In case of any of the above-mentioned symptoms, do not hesitate to get in touch with a reliable dentist. Contact Pacific NW Dental, if you are looking for the best periodontal therapy in Spanaway, WA. Our team of dentists are here to help you out in every possible way. Book your appointment today!
- Inflamed gums
- Reddish gums
- Bleeding from your gums while brushing
- Tender gums
- Loose teeth
- Abscess in your gums